Considered by some to be an exotic food and not very similar to our European palates, theAvocado it is a fruit that is certainly versatile in the kitchen and beneficial for our body. We are in the height of summer and there is no shortage of picnics, why not prepare sandwiches at theAvocado? It is the easiest and fastest way to enjoy avocado, taking advantage of its great beneficial properties. L'avocado fresh, added to our sandwiches, makes them tasty, keeps them soft and helps us recover excellent energy, without weighing us down.
Avocado Sandwich. Ingredients for four sandwiches
- 4 large rolls
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 slices of mortadella
- 1 pack spreadable fresh goat cheese (or ricotta)
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices of lettuce
- 1 large red onion
- Salt and Pepper To Taste.
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
Avocado sandwich. The preparation
- Peel the avocados and remove the central stone. Cut into small cubes, sprinkle with lemon juice and divide into two separate bowls.
- In the first bowl: add a pinch of salt, a tablespoon of oil, oregano, a pinch of pepper and mix.
- In the second bowl: mash the avocado until it is pureed.
- Clean and cut the onion into fairly thin slices. In a small pan, with a little oil, brown the onion. Subsequently, add a glass of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of sugar and simmer over high heat. When the vinegar has evaporated, add the balsamic vinegar and continue cooking until the liquid has reduced by half. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Lightly toast the sandwiches divided in half. Spread the goat cheese on one half. Add a slice of mortadella, arrange a slice of lettuce on top, add a sliced tomato and a spoonful of diced avocado. Overlap the other half of the sandwich, close well by squeezing lightly and serve.