In view of the summer, after lunch, the coffee may turn out to be too "hot" to serve. Why not replace it with a fresh one limoncello cream? Easy to prepare, tasty to savor and excellent to serve.
The lemon is a fruit particularly known and appreciated for its numerous health properties due to its high content of citric acid and vitamin-c. It also contains vitamins B1, B2, mineral salts (especially potassium), trace elements and flavonoids in good quantities.
The lemon juice it is widely used in cooking as a condiment for salads, sauces and other foods; to prepare ice creams, slushes, sweets of all kinds, drinks and fruit juices, liqueurs. Its disinfectant properties have been known for a long time; for example in Sicily, where water scarcity has always been a problem, it was customary to put some lemons cut in half in the fresh water reserves to avoid the proliferation of dangerous microorganisms. From Lemon peel, the essential oil is obtained, rich in volatile, intensely odorous compounds of a terpenic nature such as limonene, alpha-pinene, beta-pinene, gamma-terpinene and others.
Precisely because of its remarkable health properties we cannot miss an excellent one limoncello cream made with our hands.
Ingredients limoncello cream recipe
- 1/2 liter of pure alcohol 90 °
- zest of 6 lemons cut into fillets without white,
- 1 liter of milk,
- 700 gr. of sugar.
Limoncello cream recipe. The preparation
- Boil the lemon zest fillets with the sugar and milk. Keep boiling for
- 10/15 minutes, then let it cool. When everything is cold, add the alcohol.
- Leave to rest for half an hour, then filter by pouring the cream into a bottle through the special paper filter placed on a funnel. Finally put in the freezer.
- It is always drunk cold after having beaten it up a little. Always keep in the freezer. It can be consumed immediately.
Lemon, useful tips
For those who in no way intend to give up raw seafood, it is important to know that a few drops of lemon juice eliminate, in a few minutes, 92% of microbes and bacteria present on oysters.
Curiosities about lemon
According to a Japanese research, people who work on computers make 54% fewer errors if the environment in which they work smells of lemon: lemon essential oil promotes concentration and memory. Brushing your teeth with lemon juice weekly helps keep them white and shiny.